How to Change a Flat Tire
Regardless of how well you maintain your car, a flat tire can happen at any time. A nail in the road, a pothole, or regular wear and tear can all leave you stranded on the side of the road at a moment’s notice. Learning how to change a flat tire is one of the most essential pieces of knowledge any driver can have, and luckily, it’s a relatively simple process to learn. Having the right tools is just as important as following the right steps. With the auto parts near me that you need, you can get a tire changed in no time and get back out on the road.
Basic Steps to Changing a Tire
Most flat tires happen mid-drive, so if you’re on a road when you’re attempting your change, it’s important to first ensure that you’re in a safe spot. Turn on the hazard lights on your car and ensure you have your parking brake on, too. Once you’ve done this, follow these steps to switch out your flat for a new tire:
- If you have them, place wheel wedges under tires
- Remove the wheel cover or hubcap from the flat
- Use a wrench on the lug nuts to loosen them
- Position the jack under your car and raise it
- Remove the lug nuts from the wheel completely
- Take off the flat tire and mount the spare
- Tighten lug nuts and lower vehicle from jack
- Put the hubcap or wheel cover back on the tire
Replace Car Parts With Confidence
Your tires aren’t the only part of your car that will eventually need replacement. When you need the right parts for car headlight bulb replacement, you need to be confident that you’re getting the correct light for your exact made and model. Accuracy is vital in any DIY auto repair. Get the best prices and parts from the most trusted auto retailer.