Ultimate Forza Horizon 5 DLC Content Guide
From Donut Media to the Hot Wheels DLC Packs, we’re taking a look at the ultimate Forza Horizon 5 premium bonus content available.
Adding More to the Racing Experience
Sometimes the “base game” isn’t enough when you’re running out of content. Therefore, the developers want to keep our attention with more elements that enrich our gaming sessions.
This article will focus on the recent expansion and some of the upcoming content for Forza Horizon 5.
What Is Forza Horizon 5 DLC?
In short, Downloadable Content gives us more tools to enjoy the video game even further. For example, you might get more vehicles, map expansions, or new activities.
Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC
If you’re unfamiliar with the brand, Hot Wheels are known for its “scale model cars” and started in America.
You’ll discover multiple mini vehicles when you see this name within the “Toy Department” within any big store.
Besides the numerous types of figurines, you’ll see impressive tracks that give you the freedom to use your items and see them move around the “road” by themselves.
Therefore, it might attract kids as they see the different scale model cars move quickly and sometimes clash.
Additionally, these items might look attractive to those veteran collectors that need to gather limited edition vehicles before they disappear.
Overall, this brand might gather people of different ages and backgrounds. And thanks to their unique qualities, they appear to have a more significant impact when they appear in the Forza video games.
Horizon Hot Wheels Park
This Hub is a new location to which you can only gain access after purchasing the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC.
The Park resides above the clouds of New Mexico, and it’s well-known for the multiple orange roads that follow the Hot Wheels theme.
Overall, it offers 200 kilometers of tracks and hosts numerous new activities. Furthermore, you’ll see the addition of magnetic roads (colored in silver) that defy gravity and add more depth to the new DLC.
Four new biomes appear within the Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC.
First, you have “Giant’s Canyon,” with multiple mountains and different rock formations.
Second, you’ll see “Forest Falls” that come with lots of trees and astonishing waterfalls. Thirdly, the “Horizon Nexus” is an intricate network of tracks that adds complexity to the new activities. Lastly, “Ice Cauldron,” where you see a mix between ice and lava.
Forza Horizon 5 DLC Cars
In this part of the article, we’ll discuss all the new vehicles you can collect from this DLC. The challenges aren’t that difficult, but you can get everything ASAP if you know which roads to take.
- The Chevrolet COPO Camaro (2018 Hot Wheels): To collect this fantastic vehicle, the COPO Camaro, you must finish the “Forest Edge” and the “Horizon Nexus Speed” Traps in 1:30 or less, all of it using an S1 class car.
- The Bad to the Blade (2012 Hot Wheels): If you want to unlock the powerful Bad to the Blade vehicle, you’ll need to complete the Elite Qualifier named “Bad to the Blade Runner.”
- The Baja Bone Shaker (2013 Hot Wheels): The requirements to unlock the Baja Bone Shaker are simple. You’ll need to complete the “Hot Wheels Expedition” quest and drive into the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC Park.
- The Schuppan 962CR (1993): To collect the Schuppan 962CR car, you must complete the “Now This Isn’t Pod Racing” Expert Qualifier.
- The Wheels Deora II (2000 Hot Wheels): Moreover, the powerful Deora II vehicle wants that you complete the Pro Qualifier “Surf’s Down.”
- The Hennessey Venom F5 (2021): If you’re an explorer, unlocking the Venom F5 won’t be too tedious. Indeed, you’ll need to discover every road in Hot Wheels Park.
- The Brabham BT62 (2019): This time around, if you want the outstanding Brabham BT62, you’ll need to complete the “Frozen Rush” and “Supersonic Spiral Speed” Zones in between 2 minutes with an S2 Class vehicle.
- The Mosler MT900 GT3 (2006): The requirements are simple if you want the one-of-a-kind Mosler MT900 GT3. You’ll have to reach and maintain a high speed (250 mph or 403 km/h) for at least five seconds inside an S2 Class car.
- SIERRA Yokohama ALPHA (2020): For the Yokohama ALPHA, you’ll need to win the Hot Wheels “Goliath” event. Afterward, you’ll become the Hot Wheels Legend and unlock this fantastic new vehicle.
- SUBARU WRX STI (2018): Lastly, to obtain this SUBARU WRX, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. First, you’ll have to start at the Hot Wheels “Outpost” in an S1 Class. Furthermore, you’ll need to complete the “Treetops Speed Trap” in 1:30 or less.
Learning more about the best cars in the game will ensure you stay one step ahead of your friends. Why not take a look at our Best Drift Car in Forza Horizon 5 guide?
Forza Horizon 5 DLC Activites
Besides the new Forza Horizon 5 DLC Cars, you’ll get tons of new activities with the Hot Wheels content. As a result, you’ll earn tons of new gaming sessions and improve your experience with this video game.
Hot Wheels Adventure:
- Five-part Horizon Story: Through multiple showcases and tasks, the developers aim to give the player an introduction to Hot Wheels. At the same time, they want to address this franchise’s impact on the racing themes.
- Free Fast Travel: Unlike the main game, you’ll get the opportunity to move around the map without the need to unlock Fast Travel. Therefore, you have the freedom to move and experience the different biomes and see how the roads interact with the environment.
- Hot Wheels Heats events: Following the Forza Horizon principle, you’ll see different icons on the map representing races in the entire DLC map. As you move and participate on these tracks, you’ll experience the new content of this Downloadable Content.
- Player progression: Discover many collectibles or Seasonal Events as you travel across the many tracks and find all the stuns with your new vehicles.
Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels Track Designer
After all the developer’s content, we gave you about this DLC, you still have ways to add more races, thanks to the community. With the Track Designer, you can use different assets (roads) and make a new activity that you can share with other players.
In other words, you can expand the tracks and find new challenges when you load the game.
Ways to get Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels
At the moment, you have multiple ways to unlock this DLC to your game:
- Buying the DLC individually ($20): Since you have the Forza Horizon 5 Game Pass option, you could only buy this additional content using the Microsoft Store with a discount.
- Obtain the Forza Horizon 5 Expansions Bundle ($35): If you’re interested in future content (which we’ll discuss later in this article), you can obtain this combo and wait for the new content to drop.
- Get the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition ($100): Furthermore, If you want to skip the Game Pass or buy the video game from another store (for example, Steam), you can get the complete package. With this edition, you’ll have the base game, Hot Wheels DLC, the Second Expansion, VIP, Welcome Pack, and Car Pass.
Forza Horizon 5 Donut Media DLC
According to leaks (data mine) and rumors (podcast), the development team is currently working on this new DLC for Forza Horizon 5. Unlike the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC Expansion, this isn’t that expansive. Therefore we might get it for free. Here is what we know so far.
What is the Donut Media Brand?
A group of car enthusiasts joined forces and made a trademark and a YouTube channel to show their audiences how they modify different vehicles. At the same time, they post videos about interesting knowledge about famous cars and how they change when you invest with some modifications.
Thanks to the vast options in Forza Horizon 5 that help us improve the garage, this is an excellent addition to the game.
Forza Horizon 5 Possible DLC Cars
Even though nothing is “concrete” now, we could assume we’ll see some modified vehicles from the Donut Media YouTube channel. As a result, we might see cars such as:
- Nissan 350Z
- BMW 3 Series
- Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Toyota Tacoma
Forza Horizon 5 Possible DLC Activites
Following the vehicle trend, we can only theorize about the upcoming content from this matter. Still, like previous free DLC examples (Top Gear Horizon Story in Forza Horizon 4), we could get around six additional story missions.
Ways to get Forza Horizon 5 Donut Media DLC
Since we do not have any knowledge from the development team, we have no way to tell if it will be a paid or free DLC. But since the Donut Media upcoming DLC isn’t an expansion, we could guess it will be free. As a result, we’ll probably get new items when the update hits the servers later this year.
Learn more about Forza Horizon 5 Drift Tune and compete with these experts.
Next Forza Horizon 5 DLC Release Date
With new content still being released, what’s coming next for FH5?
Which are the Latest Leaks and Rumors?
We do not have anything powerful that might give you tons of new content we could experience. From many data mines, some community members could spot upcoming vehicles appearing in the forthcoming seasons.
Furthermore, according to rumors, we could get DLCs like “Project Woodstock,” “Ventura,” “Project Nightlights,” and “Upside Down.” Since we have multiple biomes in Forza Horizon 5, it would be hard to think about anything else that’s been missing.
What could be coming based on FH4 releases?
Unlike previous versions of Forza Horizon, we are now getting new content at a slow pace. Still, this doesn’t mean we’ll get more stuff eventually. If the developers follow previous examples, we have a higher chance of getting more vehicles, map expansions, and seasonal activities.
Since we already got a mixture between the two brands (with Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC), we might get another expansion that only aims to add terrain expansions. For example, we could travel into an ancient hidden city (like “El Dorado”) and race through erupting volcanoes and gold-made roads.
But anything is possible with Forza Horizon 5 upcoming DLC, and we might get more Lego vehicles or something similar.
If you want to know more about this subject, the Forza Horizon 4 DLC article will give you more information.
Now that you know more about the Forza Horizon 5 extensive content (and upcoming projects). You can make the final decision between buying the expansions or skipping them. Furthermore, you can be confident that free content will hit the servers soon, and you’ll get more ways to play the video game.
Overall, it would be best if you focused on getting all the achievements and increasing your collection. For example, you could focus on getting the Fastest Drag Car in Forza Horizon 5.
Frequently Asked Questions about Forza Horizon 5 DLC
In this section, we’ll cover some of the commonly asked questions about the Forza Horizon 5 DLC options.
Is Forza Horizon DLC free?
Most of the DLC comes free with updates, but you’ll need to pay for car packs and expansion. Even though the base game comes with the Game Pass, the significant additions do not appear within the package.
Will Forza Horizon 5 DLC be on Game Pass?
The expansions, VIP, and car packs aren’t available with the Game Pass. Therefore, you can only pay for this type of DLC (with a discount) and get the whole experience. Moreover, if you do not want to lose access to the game if you want to pause your Game Pass subscription, you could buy the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition and get everything in a single purchase.
How many DLCS does Forza Horizon 5 have?
Currently, the game has DLC such as VIP Membership, Car Pass, Welcome Pack, Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels, and Expansion Two. Furthermore, many seasonal additions and “short” DLCs come free with the base game.
Is the Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels expansion free?
No, from the start, the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels expansion got a price tag. You can purchase this content individually ($20), with the expansion bundle ($35), or by buying the Premium Edition of the game ($100).
Is the Hot Wheels DLC worth it?
It all depends on how much you like the Forza Horizon 5 gaming mechanics and if you want to support the developers for future content. After all, these expansions add more gaming mechanics and further enrich the video game.
Find out everything we know about the upcoming addition to the franchise – Forza Horizon 6!
If you’re feeling underwhelmed by the latest Horizon DLC content, why not take a look at what the latest Need For Speed game has to offer?
We thank the following entities for the use of their photography in this article: